Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Must haves for baby
My son, Carter Munro is almost 4 months now and I feel like I have learned SO much about what he likes and needs. Here is just a few of our must haves!
1) Motorola Digital Video baby monitor- This is a MUST have. It has night vision, zoom, lullaby music, tells you the temperature in the room, and lets you move the camera around remotely. Also, it has a speaker where you can talk to baby, (or wife/husband) while they are in the room with the baby.
2) Britax B-Safe car seat base- to not loose your mind, you must have two car seat bases if you have multiple cars. The LAST thing you want to do is mess around with installing the base if you are in a rush or need to use the other car.
3) Fisher Price Snug-a-bunny swing- AMAZING. A total lifesaver that our son loves to take naps in. It rocks him to sleep, plays music, and has a mobile that lights up and spins around. I do feel this is a MUST especially when the baby is very young and you have to put them down to regain your sanity/do chores/pump/shower.
4) Johnson's head to toe baby wash/baby bedtime lotion- Obvi. Plus this lotion smells so good, I've started using it!
5) Avent Bottle Warmer- Works like a charm, EVERY single time. We turn it on, crank it up to 3 and let it go till the light turns off. It's always the perfect temperature for baby- I know this after testing it a billion times on my wrist to see if it was too hot or too cold and it turned out perfect every time.
6) Graco Pack and Play- We have this set up on the main level of our house, we use it also as a changing table for baby. (our main changing table is in his bedroom on the upper level) I truly think if you have a house with stairs, you need multiple changing areas. Since babies pee/poop about up to 15 times a day! Also we use this for what is intended for- a nap area for baby if we go to friends houses.
7) Diaper genie- x 2 One for each changing area.
8) Boudreaux's Butt Paste Rash Protector Spray- helped our little guy with his sensitive skin. SOoooo much better/cleaner/more sanitary than rubbing the cream on their butt.....you get the cream all over your hand and its just a mess.